Processing your application. Please be patient while we make sure we receive every piece of it.
This course focuses on providing the skills and knowledge necessary to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprise network, including configuring a switch, a router, and connecting to a WAN and implementing network security. A Student should be able to complete configuration and implementation of a small branch office network under supervision.
Understanding Subnet Masks 2.0 is available for free with ICND1 eBook.
- Describe how networks function, identifying major components, function of network components and the Open System Interconnection (OSI) reference model.
- Using the host-to-host packet delivery process, describe issues related to increasing traffic on an Ethernet LAN and identify switched LAN technology solutions to Ethernet networking issues.
- Describes the reasons for extending the reach of a LAN and the methods that can be used with a focus on RF wireless access.
- Describes the reasons for connecting networks with routers and how routed networks transmit data through networks using TCP / IP.
- Describe the function of Wide Area Networks (WANs), the major devices of WANs, and configure PPP encapsulation, static and dynamic routing, PAT and RIP routing.
- Use the command-line interface to discover neighbors on the network and managing the router’s startup and configuration.
Network Administrators, Network Engineers, System Engineers, CCENT Candidates, Channel Partners/Resellers, IT Managers, Customers, Employees
Lesson 1. Building a Simple Network
Lesson 2. Establishing Internet Connectivity
- Exploring the Functions of Networking
- Host-to-Host Communications Model
- Introducing LANs
- Operating Cisco IOS Software
- Starting a Switch
- Ethernet and Switch Operation
- Troubleshooting Common Switch Media Issues
Lesson 3. Managing Network Device Security
- TCP/IP Internet Layer
- IP Addressing and Subnets
- TCP/IP Transport Layer
- Exploring the Functions of Routing
- Configuring a Cisco Router
- Exploring the Packet Delivery Process
- Enabling Static Routing
- Managing Traffic Using ACLs
- Enabling Internet Connectivity
Lesson 4. Building a Medium-Sized Network
- Securing Administrative Access
- Implementing Device Hardening
- Implementing Traffic Filtering with ACLs
Lesson 5. Introducing IPv6
- Implementing VLANs and Trunks
- Routing Between VLANs
- Using a Cisco Network Device as a DHCP Server
- WAN Technologies
- Dynamic Routing Protocols
- Implementing OSPF
- Basic IPv6
- Configuring IPv6 Routing
- Lab 1-1: Switch Startup and Initial Configuration
- Lab 1-2: Troubleshoot Switch Media Issues
- Lab 2-1: Router Setup and Initial Configuration
- Lab 2-2: Configure a Static Route, DHCP, and Network Address Translation
- Lab 3-1: Enhance the Security of Router and Switch Configuration
- Lab 3-2: Device Hardening
- Lab 3-3: Filter Traffic with ACLs
- Lab 3-4: Enhanced - Troubleshoot ACLs
- Lab 4-1: Configure an Expanded Switched Network
- Lab 4-2: Configure DHCP Server
- Lab 4-3: Implement Single-Area OSPF
- Lab 5-1: Configure Basic IPv6
- Lab 5-2: Implement IPv6 Stateless Auto-Configuration
- Lab 5-3: Implement IPv6 Routing
- Lab 6-1: ICND1 Super Lab