Processing your application. Please be patient while we make sure we receive every piece of it.
This three-day instructor-led course provides students moving from earlier releases of SQL Server with an introduction to the new features in SQL Server 2016.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key capabilities and components of SQL Server 2016
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server performance
- Describes new and enhanced features in SQL Server security
- Describe what’s new in SQL Server Availability and Scalability
- Describe new and enhanced features in reporting and PowerBI in SQL Server 2016
- Describe new and enhanced data access features
- Describe new and enhanced features in SQL Server OLAP
- Describe new SQL Server cloud functionality
The primary audience for this course are existing database professionals with experience of SQL Server 2014 who want to update their skills to SQL Server 2016. Additionally this course is for existing SQL Server 2014 MCSAs who want to prepare for the Upgrade exam for SQL Server 2016 certification.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience of building and managing database, data warehouse, and business intelligence (BI) solutions with SQL Server 2014.
- Familiarity with the Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system and networking.
Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2016
Describe key capabilities and components of SQL Server 2016 Lessons
Module 2: What’s New in SQL Server Performance
- Overview of SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server 2016 Editions and Components
- Installing SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server Management Studio Enhancements
This module describes new and enhanced features in SQL Server performance.Lessons
Module 3: What’s New in SQL Server Security?
- Operational Analytics
- In-memory OLTP Enhancements
- Query Store
- Live Query Statistics
- Native JSON
- Temporal Tables
This module describes new and enhanced features in SQL Server security.Lessons
Module 4: What’s New in SQL Server Availability and Scalability?
- Using Always Encrypted
- Row-level Security
- Dynamic Data Masking
This module introduces what’s new in SQL Server Availability and Scalability.Lessons
Module 5: What’s New in SQL Server Reporting and BI
- Enhanced AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- What’s New with tempdb?
- Use Windows Server 2016 with SQL Server 2016
- PowerShell 5.0
This module introduces reporting and BI enhancements and new features in SQL Server 2016.Lessons
Module 6: What’s New in SQL Server Data Access?
- Reporting Services Enhancements
- PowerBI Enhancements
- Mobile Report Publisher
At the end of this module you will be able to describe data access enhancements in SQL Server 2016.Lessons
Module 7: New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
- What’s new in Integration Services
- Working with SSIS and Azure
This module describes enhancements in SQL Server OLAP.Lessons
Module 8: What’s New for SQL Server in the Cloud?
- New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
- What’s New in SQL Server Analysis Services
This module describes new SQL Server cloud functionality.Lessons
- Stretch Database
- Enhanced Backups to Azure
- Introduction to SQL Server 2016 Hybrid Cloud
- What’s New in SQL Server Azure Database