Processing your application. Please be patient while we make sure we receive every piece of it.
The Cisco NX-OS for IOS Administrators (DCNXA) v1.0 is a five-day instructor-led course designed for network administrators who are migrating from a traditional Cisco IOS environment to routing and switching platforms that use the Nexus Operating System (NX-OS). This course covers the key components and procedures you need to know to install and manage Cisco Nexus 7000, 5000, and 1000-series switches. This course will also cover important troubleshooting procedures for these platforms as well.
- Describe the differences between the Cisco IOS and NX-OS operating systems.
- Describe the features and functionality of the Cisco NX-OS.
- Describe how the Cisco NX-OS is used for functionality specific to different Cisco Nexus switching platforms, such as the 7000-series, 5000-series, and 1000-series switches.
- Understand basic and advanced configurations of the Cisco Nexus 7000-series, 5000-series, and 1000-series switches using the NX-OS.
- Understand basic and advanced configurations of the Cisco Virtual Security Gateway.
- Understand troubleshooting techniques for the Cisco Nexus 7000-series, 5000-series, and 1000-series switches using the NX-OS.
- Network, systems, and consulting systems engineers
- Network designers, administrators, and managers
- Data Center administrators, designers and system engineers
- CCNA Switching and Routing knowledge level
Module 1: The Cisco Nexus platform and NX-OS
- Identifying Cisco Nexus Products
- Nexus 7000 Features at a high level
- The NX-OS Software Architecture
- Configuring Nexus Management Features
- Command syntax
- Context-sensitive help
- Navigation between configuration modes
Module 2: Configuring Layer 2 Features using the NX-OS
- Configuring Layer 2 Switching Features
- Unidirectional Link Detection (UDLD)
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP)
- Port Profiles
- Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU)
- Multiple Spanning Tree
- Traffic Storm Control
- Configuring Nexus Fabric Extenders (FEX)
- Port Channels and Virtual Port Channels (VPCs)
- Virtual Device Contexts (VDCs)
Module 3: Layer 3 Features using the NX-OS
- Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) Contexts
- Static Routing
- Unicast RIB and FIB
- Route Policy Manager
- Policy-Based Routing (PBR)
- First Hop Redundancy Protocols (HSRP/VRRP/GLBP)
- Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS)
- Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV)
Module 4: Fiber Channel and FCoE
- Understanding the Fiber Channel protocol
- Configuring FCoE
- Configuring SAN Switching Features
Module 5: Troubleshooting Cisco NX-OS
- Embedded Event Manager (EEM)
- Onboard Failure Logging (OBFL)
Module 6: Cisco NX-OS on the Nexus 1000v Virtual Switch
- Fundamentals of the Nexus 1000v Virtual Switch
- Integrating the Nexus 1000v with the VMware vCenter Server
- Basic Integration process
- Configuring Port Profiles
- Configuring Security Features
Hands On Labs
- Connecting to the NterOne Lab Environment
- Familiarization of the Cisco NX-OS Command-Line Interface (CLI)
- Initial Configuration of the Nexus 5548 switches
- Advanced Layer 2 Configuration of Nexus 5548 switches
- Advanced Layer 3 Configuration of Nexus 5548 switches
- Initial Configuration of Nexus 7004 switches with SUP2E Supervisor Module
- Advanced Layer 2 Configuration of Nexus 7004 switches
- Advanced Layer 3 Configuration of Nexus 7004 switches
- Initial Configuration of Nexus 1000v switches
- Advanced Configuration of Nexus 1000v switches
- Troubleshooting Scenarios for the Nexus switching platforms