Processing your application. Please be patient while we make sure we receive every piece of it.
In this course, you will learn to implement and manage security on Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco routers with the firewall feature set, and Cisco switches. You will learn to configure various perimeter security solutions for mitigating outside threats and securing network zones.
This course is part of the curriculum path leading to the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification. Additionally, it is designed to prepare security engineers to configure Cisco perimeter edge security solutions utilizing Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) firewalls as well as Cisco routers and switches.
- Understanding and implementing Cisco modular Network Security Architectures such as SecureX and TrustSec.
- Deploy Cisco Infrastructure management and control plane security controls.
- Configuring Cisco layer 2 and layer 3 data plane security controls.
- Implement and maintain Cisco ASA Network Address Translations (NAT).
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software Network Address Translations (NAT).
- Designing and deploying Cisco Threat Defense solutions on a Cisco ASA utilizing access policy and application and identity based inspection.
- Implementing Botnet Traffic Filters.
- Deploying Cisco IOS Zone-Based Policy Firewalls (ZBFW).
- Configure and verify Cisco IOS ZBFW Application Inspection Policy.
Network security engineers
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) Security certification
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system
Lesson 1: Cisco Secure Design Principles
Lesson 2: Deploying Network Infrastructure Protection
Lesson 3: Deploying NAT on Cisco IOS and Cisco ASA
Lesson 4: Deploying Threat Controls on Cisco ASA
Lesson 5: Deploying Threat Controls on Cisco IOS Software
Lab 1: Configuring Configure Cisco Policy Protection (CPP) and Management Plane Protection (MPP)
Lab 2: Configure Traffic Telemetry Methods
Lab 3: Configure Layer 2 Data Plan Security
Lab 4: Configure Layer 2 Data Plan Security
Lab 5: Configure NAT on Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Firewall
Lab 6: Configure NAT on Cisco IOS Software
Lab 7: Configure Cisco ASA Access Policy
Lab 8: Configure Cisco ASA Application Inspection Policy
Lab 9: Configure Cisco ASA Botnet Traffic Filter
Lab 10: Configure Cisco ASA Identity Based Firewall
Lab 11: Configure Cisco IOS Software Zone-Based Firewall (ZBFW)
Lab 12: Configure Cisco IOS Software ZBFW Application Inspection Policy Lab Activity Solutions