Processing your application. Please be patient while we make sure we receive every piece of it.
Get hands-on instruction and practice configuring advanced Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2, services in this five-day Microsoft Official Course. This course is part three in a series of three courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these courses, this course focuses on advanced configuration of services necessary to deploy, manage and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure, such as advanced networking services, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS), Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), Network Load Balancing, Failover Clustering, business continuity and disaster recovery services as well as access and information provisioning and protection technologies such as Dynamic Access Control (DAC), and Web Application Proxy integration with AD FS and Workplace Join.
This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Exam 412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services, which is the third of three exams required for MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential.
Note: Labs in this course are based on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.
After completing this course, students will have been taught information about how to:
- Configure advanced features for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS), and configure IP Address Management (IPAM) with Windows Server 2012.
- Configure and manage iSCSI, BranchCache and FSRM.
- Configure DAC to manage and audit access to shared files.
- Plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple domains and forests.
- Plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes locations.
- Implement and configure an Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) deployment.
- Implement an AD RMS deployment.
- Implement an AD FS deployment.
- Provide high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing Network Load Balancing (NLB).
- Implement and validate high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing NLB.
- Provide high availability for network services and applications by implementing failover clustering.
- Implement a failover cluster, and configure and validate a highly available network service.
- Deploy and manage Hyper-V virtual machines in a failover cluster.
- Implement a backup and disaster recovery solution based on business and technical requirements.
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals with hands on experience implementing, managing and maintaining a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 environment who wish to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to perform advanced management and provisioning of services within that Windows Server 2012 environment. Candidates who would typically be interested in attending this course will be:
- Experienced Windows Server Administrators who have real world experience working in a Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 enterprise environment.
- IT Professionals who are looking to take the exam 412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services.
- IT Professionals wishing to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in Datacenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the MCSA exams, which are a pre-requisite for their individual specialties.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 servers day to day in an Enterprise environment.
The course pre-requisites can be met by having knowledge equivalent to, or by attendance at, courses 20410C: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 and 20411C: Administering Windows Server 2012 as this course will build upon the knowledge and skills covered in those courses.
Module1: Implementing Advanced Network ServicesInthis module students will be able to configure advanced features for DynamicHost Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Domain Name System (DNS), and configureIP Address Management (IPAM).Lessons
Module2: Implementing Advanced File ServicesInthis module students will be able to configure file services to meet advancedbusiness requirements.Lessons
- Configuring Advanced DHCP Features
- Configuring Advanced DNS Settings
- Implementing IPAM
- Managing IP Address Spaces with IPAM
Module3: Implementing Dynamic Access ControlInthis module students will be able to configure Dynamic Access Control (DAC) tomanage and audit access to shared files.Lessons
- Configuring iSCSI Storage
- Configuring BranchCache
- Optimizing Storage Usage
Module4: Implementing Distributed Active Directory Domain Services DeploymentsInthis module students will be able to plan and implement an Active DirectoryDomain Services (AD DS) deployment that includes multiple domains and forests.Lessons
- Overview of DAC
- Implementing DAC Components
- Implementing DAC for Access Control
- Implementing Access Denied Assistance
- Implementing and Managing Work Folders
Module5: Implementing Active Directory Domain Services Sites and ReplicationInthis module students will be able to plan and implement an AD DS deploymentthat includes multiple locations.Lessons
- Overview of Distributed AD DS Deployments
- Deploying a Distributed AD DS Environment
- Configuring AD DS Trusts
Module6: Implementing AD CSInthis module students will be able to implement an Active Directory CertificateServices (AD CS) deployment.Lessons
- AD DS Replication Overview
- Configuring AD DS Sites
- Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
Module7: Implementing Active Directory Rights Management ServicesInthis module students will be able to implement an AD RMS deployment.Lessons
- Using Certificates in a Business Environment
- PKI Overview
- Deploying CAs
- Deploying and Managing Certificate Templates
- Implementing Certificate Distribution and Revocation
- Managing Certificate Recovery
Module8: Implementing and Administering AD FSInthis module students will be able to implement an Active Directory FederationServices (AD FS) deployment.Lessons
- AD RMS Overview
- Deploying and Managing an AD RMS Infrastructure
- Configuring AD RMS Content Protection
- Configuring External Access to AD RMS
Module9: Implementing Network Load BalancingInthis module students will be able to provide high availability and loadbalancing for web-based applications by implementing Network Load Balancing(NLB).Lessons
- Overview of AD FS
- Deploying AD FS
- Implementing AD FS for a Single Organization
- Deploying AD FS in a Business-to-Business Federation Scenario
- Extending AD FS to External Clients
Module10: Implementing Failover ClusteringInthis module students will be able to provide high availability for networkservices and applications by implementing failover clustering.Lessons
- Overview of NLB
- Configuring an NLB Cluster
- Planning an NLB Implementation
Module11: Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-VInthis module students will be able to deploy and manage Hyper-V virtual machinesin a failover cluster.Lessons
- Overview of Failover Clustering
- Implementing a Failover Cluster
- Configuring Highly Available Applications and Services on a Failover Cluster
- Maintaining a Failover Cluster
- Implementing a Multi-Site Failover Cluster
Module12: Implementing Business Continuity and Disaster RecoveryInthis module students will be able to implement a backup and disaster recoverysolution based on business and technical requirementsLessons
- Overview of Integrating Hyper-V with Failover Clustering
- Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machines on Failover Clusters
- Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machine Movement
- Data Protection Overview
- Implementing Windows Server Backup
- Implementing Server and Data Recovery