Processing your application. Please be patient while we make sure we receive every piece of it.
This five day course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to design and implement Microsoft Server Virtualization solutions using Hyper-V and System Center.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Evaluate an organization’s virtualization requirements and plan for server virtualization.
- Install and configure the Hyper-V server role.
- Create virtual machines, create and manage virtual hard disks and work with snapshots.
- Create and configure virtual machine networks in a Hyper-V environment.
- Implement virtual machine movement and Hyper-V Replica.
- Provide high availability for Hyper-V environment by implementing failover clustering.
- Manage virtual environment by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage networking and storage infrastructure in Virtual Machine Manager.
- Configure and manage Virtual Machine Manager library and library objects.
- Create and manage virtual machines by using Virtual Machine Manager.
- Create and manage clouds by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Create and manage services in System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Protect virtualization infrastructure by using Windows Server Backup and Data Protection Manager.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for designing, implementing, managing, and maintaining a virtualization infrastructure or are interested in learning about current Microsoft Virtualization technologies. The secondary audience for this course includes IT decision makers who will determine which virtualization product to implement in their data centers.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- An understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- An understanding of different storage technologies and concepts
- The ability to work in a team/virtual team
- An understanding of Windows PowerShell
Module 1: Evaluating the Environment for VirtualizationThis module provides an overview of Microsoft virtualization technologies and the various components of System Center 2012 R2. The module also explains how to evaluate the current environment for virtualization and extend virtualizationto the cloud.Lessons
Module 2: Installing and Configuring the Hyper-V RoleThis module describes how to install and manage the Hyper-V role. The module also explains how to configure Hyper-V settings, storage, and networking.Lessons
- Overview of Microsoft Virtualization
- Overview of System Center 2012 R2 Components
- Evaluating Current Environment for Virtualization
- Extending Virtualization to the Cloud Environment
Module 3: Creating and Managing Virtual Hard Disks, Virtual Machines, and CheckpointsThis module explains how to create and configure virtual hard disks and virtual machines. The module then describes how to install, import, monitor, and manage virtual machines.Lessons
- Installing the Hyper-V Role
- Managing Hyper-V
- Configuring Hyper-V Settings
- Hyper-V Host Storage and Networking
Module 4: Creating and Configuring Virtual Machine NetworksThis module explains how to create and use Hyper-V virtual switches and Hyper-V networking features. The module also describes how to configure and implement Hyper-V network virtualization.Lessons
- Creating and Configuring Virtual Hard Disks
- Creating and Configuring Virtual Machines
- Installing and Importing Virtual Machines
- Managing Virtual Machine Checkpoints
- Monitoring Hyper-V
- Designing Virtual Machines for Server Roles and Services
Module 5: Virtual Machine Movement and Hyper-V ReplicaThis module describes how to provide high availability and redundancy for virtualization. The module also explains how to implement virtual machinemovement and Hyper-V Replica.Lessons
- Creating and Using Hyper-V Virtual Switches
- Advanced Hyper-V Networking Features
- Configuring and Using Hyper-V Network Virtualization
Module 6: Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-VThis module provides an overview of fail over clustering. The module also describes how configure shared storage, and how to implement fail over clustering with Hyper-V.Lessons
- Providing High Availability and Redundancy for Virtualization
- Implementing Virtual Machine Movement
- Implementing and Managing Hyper-V Replica
Module 7: Installing and Configuring System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine ManagerThis module describes how to integrate System Center and server virtualization. The module also describes how to install System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager, add hosts, and manage host groups.Lessons
- Overview of Failover Clustering
- Configuring and Using Shared Storage
- Implementing and Managing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
Module 8: Managing the Networking and Storage Infrastructure in System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine ManagerThis module describes how to manage networking infrastructure, storage infrastructure, and infrastructure updates.Lessons
- Integrating System Center and Server Virtualization
- Overview of VMM
- Installing VMM
- Adding Hosts and Managing Host Groups
Module 9: Creating and Managing Virtual Machines by Using Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine ManagerThis module explains how to create, clone, and convert virtual machines. The module also provides an overview of virtual machine updating.Lessons
- Managing Networking Infrastructure
- Managing Storage Infrastructure
- Managing Infrastructure Updates
Module 10: Configuring and Managing the Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager Library and Library ObjectsThis module provides an overview of the Virtual Machine Library. The module also describes how to work with profiles and templates.Lessons
- Virtual Machine Management Tasks in VMM
- Creating, Cloning, and Converting Virtual Machines
- Overview of Virtual Machine Updating
Module 11: Managing Clouds in Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine ManagerThi smodule provides an introduction to clouds and describes how to create and manage a cloud. The module also describes how to work with user roles in VMM.Lessons
- Overview of the Virtual Machine Manager Library
- Working With Profiles and Templates
Module 12: Managing Services in Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager and App ControllerThis module provides an overview of services in System Center 2012 R2 VMM. The module also describes how to create and manage services in VMM and how to use System Center 2012 R2 App Controller.Lessons
- Introduction to Clouds
- Creating and Managing a Cloud
- Working With User Roles in Virtual Machine Manager
Module 13: Protecting and Monitoring Virtualization InfrastructureThis module provides an overview of backup and restore options for virtual machines.The module describes how to use DPM and System Center Operations Manager for protection, monitoring, and reporting.Lessons
- Understanding Services in VMM
- Creating and Managing Services in VMM
- Using App Controller
- Overview of Backup and Restore Options for Virtual Machines
- Protecting Virtualization Infrastructure by Using DPM
- Using Operations Manager for Monitoring and Reporting
- Integrating VMM with Operations Manager