Processing your application. Please be patient while we make sure we receive every piece of it.
Get hands-on instruction and practice implementing networking with Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 in this 5-day Microsoft Official Course. You will learn the skills you need to help reduce networking complexity while lowering costs, simplifying management tasks, and delivering services reliably and efficiently. You will learn how to automate and consolidate networking processes and resources, more easily connect private clouds with public cloud services, and more easily connect users to IT resources and services across physical boundaries. You will learn how to configure some of the key networking features such as IP Addressing, IPAM, DNS and DHCP, Remote Access technologies such as DirectAccess and VPNs. You will learn how to secure networks using Windows Firewall, IPSec and Network Access Protection, as well as becoming familiar with high performance technologies such as NIC Teaming, Receive Side Scaling, SMB Direct and SMB MultiChannel. You will learn how to integrate your network infrastructure with Hyper-V and leverage virtual high performance technologies such as SR-IOV, virtual Machine Queue, (VMQ), virtual Receive Side Scaling (vRSS) as well as provision multitenant networks using Hyper-V Network Virtualization and provisioning external access for those multitenant networks using the built in software gateway in Window Server 2012 R2. As part of the learning experience, you will perform hands-on exercises in a virtual lab environment.
After completing this course, students will have been taught information about how to:
- Plan and implement an IPv4 network and configure and manage DHCP.
- Implement name resolution by using DNS.
- Implement IPv6 and integrate IPv6 and IPv4 networks.
- Implement and manage the IP Address Management feature in Windows Server 2012.
- Implement and manage remote access technologies in Windows Server 2012 such as DirectAccess, VPNs and Web Application Proxy
- Implement network security by using Windows Firewall with Advanced Security and IPsec in Windows Server 2012.
- Implement and manage Network Access Protection (NAP).
- Implement network services for branch offices.
- Implement network infrastructure for file and data services.
- Implement and manage networking in Hyper-V.
- Virtualize the physical network infrastructure in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 using Hyper-V Network Virtualization and the built in Gateway.
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) professionals who have some networking knowledge and experience and are looking for a single course that will further develop that knowledge and skillset on core and advanced networking technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. This would typically include:
- Network administrators who are looking to further develop skills with the latest networking technology in Windows Server 2012 and Window Server 2012 R2
- System or Infrastructure Administrators with general networking knowledge who are looking to build upon that core knowledge and cross train into advanced networking technologies on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- IT Professionals who have taken the 10967A: Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure course or have knowledge equivalent to the technologies covered in that course and are looking to build upon that knowledge
Before attending this course, students must have the following:
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012
- Experience working in a Windows Sever infrastructure enterprise environment
- An understanding of core networking infrastructure components and technologies such as cabling, routers, hubs, switches
- Familiarity with networking topologies and architectures such as LANs, WANs, and wireless networking
- Some basic knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol stack, addressing, and name resolution
- Experience with and knowledge of Hyper-V and virtualization technologies
- Hands-on experience working with Windows Client operating systems such as Windows 7 or Windows 8
Pre-requisite knowledge can be obtained by taking course 10967A: Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure or having knowledge equivalent the technologies covered in that course.
Module1: Implementing IPv4 ServicesThismodule explains how to plan and troubleshoot IPv4-based networks to ensure aproperly functioning network environment.Lessons
Module2: Implementing Name Resolution by Using DNSThismodule explains how to deploy, configure, manage, and troubleshoot Domain NameSystem (DNS).Lessons
- Planning IPv4 Addressing
- Managing and Troubleshooting IPv4 Connectivity
- Deploying Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
- Managing and Troubleshooting DHCP
Module3: Implementing IPv6Thismodule explains how to implement coexistence between IPv4 and IPv6 networks andtransition from an IPv4 network to an IPv6 network.Lessons
- Implementing DNS Servers
- Configuring Zones in DNS
- Configuring DNS Integration with AD DS
- Configuring Advanced DNS Settings
- Configuring DNS Resolution Between Zones
Module4: Implementing IPAMThismodule explains how to implement and manage the IP Address Management(IPAM) feature in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.Lessons
- Overview of IPv6 Addressing
- Implementing IPv6 and IPv4 Coexistence
- Transitioning from IPv4 to IPv6
Module 5: ImplementingRemote AccessThis module explains howto implement remote access technologies such as DirectAccess, Virtual PrivateNetworks (VPNs) and Web Application Proxy (WAP) in Windows Server 2012 andWindows Server 2012 R2. It also describes the different implementationscenarios for small or medium-sized organizations and enterprise organizations.Lessons
- IPAM Overview
- Deploying IPAM
- Managing IP Address Spaces by Using IPAM
Module6: Implementing Network SecurityThismodule explores some of the technologies in Windows Server 2012 and WindowsServer 2012 R2 that you can use to help to mitigate these network securitythreats such as Windows Firewall with Advanced Security, IPSec and connectionsecurity rules.Lessons
- Remote Access Overview
- Implementing DirectAccess by Using the Getting Started Wizard
- Implementing and Managing an Advanced DirectAccess Infrastructure
- Implementing VPN
- Planning a Complex Remote Access Infrastructure
- Implementing Web Application Proxy
Module7: Implementing Network Access ProtectionThismodule explains how to configure, monitor, and troubleshoot Network PolicyServer(NPS) and Network Access protection (NAP).Lessons
- Managing Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- Configuring IPsec and Connection Security Rules
- Implementing Isolation Zones
Module8: Implementing Networking for Branch OfficesThismodule explains the different ways that you can use Windows Server 2012 andWindows Server 2012 R2 to overcome the limitations of branch office scenariosusing technologies such as Distributed File System (DFS) and BranchCache.Lessons
- Implementing NPS
- Network Access Protection Overview
- Configuring NAP
- Configuring IPsec Enforcement for NAP
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting NAP
Module9: Implementing Networking Infrastructure for File and Data ServicesThismodule explains the key network file and data services available in WindowsServer 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. It also explains how to implement thenetwork file and data services to address the network and remote storage needsof your organization.Lessons
- Networking Features and Considerations for Branch Offices
- Implementing DFS for Branch Offices
- Implementing BranchCache for Branch Offices
Module10: Implementing and Managing Networking in Hyper-VThismodule describes the networking components available in Hyper-V and describeshow to configure these components.Lessons
- Implementing iSCSI
- Implementing High Performance Networking Features
Module11: Virtualizing Your Network InfrastructureThismodule explains the concepts and technologies related to virtualizing aphysical network infrastructure in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012R2. It also explains how to implement some core components of thesetechnologies such as Hyper-V Network Virtualization(HNV) and the built insoftware gateway in Windows Server 2012 R2.Lessons
- Creating and Using Hyper-V Virtual Switches
- Configuring Advanced Hyper-V Networking Features
- Implementing Hyper-V Network Virtualization
- Managing Your Virtualized Network Infrastructure