Processing your application. Please be patient while we make sure we receive every piece of it.
Get Hands on instruction and practice administering Active Directory technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 in this 5-day Microsoft Official Course. You will learn the skills you need to better manage and protect data access and information, simplify deployment and management of your identity infrastructure, and provide more secure access to data. You will learn how to configure some of the key features in Active Directory such as Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, Dynamic Access Control (DAC), Work Folders, Work Place Join, Certificate Services, Rights Management Services (RMS), Federation Services, as well as integrating your on premise environment with cloud based technologies such as Windows Azure Active Directory. As part of the learning experience, you will perform hands-on exercises in a virtual lab environment.
After completing this course, students will have been taught information how to:
- Understand available solutions for identity management and be able to address scenarios with appropriate solutions.
- Deploy and administer AD DS in Windows Server 2012.
- Secure AD DS deployment.
- Implement AD DS sites, configure and manage replication
- Implement and manage Group Policy
- Manage user settings with Group Policy
- Implement certification authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS and how to manage CAs.
- Implement, deploy and manage certificates.
- Implement and manage AD RMS.
- Implement and administer AD FS.
- Secure and provision data access using technologies such as Dynamic Access Control, Work Folders and Workplace Join
- Monitor, troubleshoot and establish business continuity for AD DS services.
- Implement Windows Azure Active Directory.
- Implement and administer Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS).
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals who have Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) experience and are looking to for a single course that will further develop knowledge and skills using Access and Information Protection technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. This would typically include:
- AD DS Administrators who are looking to further develop skills in the latest Access and Information Protection technologies with Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- System or Infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge who are lookig to build upon that core knowledge and cross-train into advanced Active Directory technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- IT Professionals who have taken the 10967A: Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure course and are looking to build upon that Active directory knowledge.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience working with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Experience working in a Windows Server Infrastructure enterprise environment
- Experience working with and troubleshooting core networking infrastructure technologies such as name resolution, IP Addressing, Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Experience working with Hyper-V and Server Virtualization concepts
- An awareness and understanding of general security best practices
- Experience working hands on with Windows client operating systems such as Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
Module1: Overview of Access and Information ProtectionThismodule provides an overview of multiple Access and Information Protection(AIP) technologies and services what are available with WindowsServer 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 from a business perspective and mapsbusiness problems to technical solutions. It also includes coverageof Forefront Identify Manager (FIM).Lessons
Module2: Advanced Deployment and Administration of AD DSThismodule explains how to deploy AD DS remotely and describes the virtualizationsafeguards, cloning abilities and extending AD DS to the cloud.Lessons
- Introduction to Access and Information Protection Solutions in Business
- Overview of AIP Solutions in Windows Server 2012
- Overview of FIM 2010 R2
Module3: Securing AD DSThismodule describes the threats to domain controllers and what methods can be usedto secure the AD DS and its domain controllers.Lessons
- Deploying AD DS
- Deploying and Cloning Virtual Domain Controllers
- Deploying Domain Controllers in Windows Azure
- Administering AD DS
Module4: Implementing and Administering AD DS Sites and ReplicationThismodule explains how AD DS replicates information between domain controllerswithin a single site and throughout multiple sites. This module also explainshow to create multiple sites and how to monitor replication to help optimize ADDS replication and authentication traffic.Lessons
- Securing Domain Controllers
- Implementing Account Security
- Implementing Audit Authentication
Module5: Implementing Group PolicyThismodule describes Group Policy, how it works, and how best to implement itwithin your organization.Lessons
- Overview of AD DS Replication
- Configuring AD DS Sites
- Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
Module6: Managing User Settings with Group PolicyThismodule describes how to how to use GPO Administrative Templates, FolderRedirection, and Group Policy features to configure users’ computer settings.Lessons
- Introducing Group Policy
- Implementing and Administering GPOs
- Group Policy Scope and Group Policy Processing
- Troubleshooting the Application of GPOs
Module7: Deploying and Managing AD CSThismodule explain how to deploy and manage Certificate Authorities (CAs) withActive Directory Certificate Services (AD CS)Lessons
- Implementing Administrative Templates
- Configuring Folder Redirection and Scripts
- Configuring Group Policy Preferences
Module8: Deploying and Managing CertificatesThismodule describes certificate usage in business environments and explains how todeploy and manage certificates, configure certificate templates and manageenrolment process. This module also covers the deployment andmanagement of smart cards.Lessons
- Deploying CAs
- Administering CAs
- Troubleshooting, Maintaining, and Monitoring CAs
Module9: Implementing and Administering AD RMSThismodule introduces Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS). It alsodescribes how to deploy AD RMS, how to configure content protection, and how tomake AD RMS–protected documents available to external users.Lessons
- Using Certificates in a Business Environment
- Deploying and Managing Certificate Templates
- Managing Certificates Deployment, Revocation, and Recovery
- Implementing and Managing Smart Cards
Module10: Implementing and Administering AD FSThismodule explains AD FS, and then provides details on how to configure AD FS inboth a single organization scenario and in a partner organization scenario.This module also describes the Web Application Proxy feature in Windows Server2012 R2 that functions as an AD FS proxy and reverse proxy for web-basedapplications.Lessons
- Overview of AD RMS
- Deploying and Managing an AD RMS Infrastructure
- Configuring AD RMS Content Protection
- Configuring External Access to AD RMS
Module11: Implementing Secure Shared File AccessThismodule explains how to use Dynamic Access Control (DAC), Work Folders, Workplace Join and how to plan and implement these technologies.Lessons
- Overview of AD FS
- Deploying AD FS
- Implementing AD FS for a Single Organization
- Deploying AD FS in a Business-to-Business Federation Scenario
- Extending AD FS to External Clients
Module12: Monitoring, Managing, and Recovering AD DSThismodule explains how to use tools that help monitor performance in real time,and how to record performance over time to spot potential problems by observingperformance trends. This module also explains how to optimize and protect yourdirectory service and related identity and access solutions so that if aservice does fail, you can restart it as quickly as possible.Lessons
- Overview of Dynamic Access Control
- Implementing DAC Components
- Implementing DAC for Access Control
- Implementing Access Denied Assistance
- Implementing and Managing Work Folders
- Implementing Workplace Join
Module13: Implementing Windows Azure Active DirectoryThismodule explains the concepts and technologies in Windows Azure ActiveDirectory and how to implement and integrate it within your organizationLessons
- Monitoring AD DS
- Managing the AD DS Database
- AD DS Backup and Recovery Options for AD DS and Other Identity and Access Solutions
Module14: Implementing and Administering AD LDSThismodule explains how to deploy and configure Active DirectoryLightweight Directory Services (AD LDS)Lessons
- Overview of Windows Azure AD
- Managing Windows Azure AD Accounts
- Overview of AD LDS
- Deploying AD LDS
- Configuring AD LDS Instances and Partitions
- Configuring AD LDS Replication
- Integrating AD LDS with AD DS