Processing your application. Please be patient while we make sure we receive every piece of it.
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is an electronic communication method that provides standards for exchanging data via electronic means. These standards enable two different companies or organizations, even in two different countries, to electronically exchange documents such as purchase orders, invoices, shipping notices, and many others. Organizations all over the world use EDI as the foundation for intra-business communication.
This three-day course is designed for experienced BizTalk Developers and Administrators who are responsible for planning, creating, and deploying EDI-based integration solutions using BizTalk Server. Attendees of this course will learn how to implement sophisticated business-to-business integration solutions using EDIFACT, X12 (including HIPAA), and AS2.
In this course, attendees will receive live instruction from one of our expert trainers, in-classroom demonstrations, challenging hands-on labs, and an electronic copy of the presentation materials and lab guide with hands-on activities.
At the completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Create parties
- Configure profiles, including protocol and encoding settings
- Create EDI and AS2 agreements
- Create batches of EDI messages
- Split batched messages
- Configure the creation and processing of acknowledgement messages
- Customize EDIFACT and X12 schemas
- Build maps for transforming EDI messages
- Configure tracking and reporting for EDI message processing
- Route messages using EDI-specific properties
Experienced BizTalk Server Developers who have hands-on experience developing BizTalk Server applications.
Experienced BizTalk Server Administrators who have hands-on experience supporting BizTalk Server applications.
Students should have experience with core BizTalk Server development concepts and skills. The course assumes that attendees already understand the key concepts of the core BizTalk Server runtime and want to explore fully the EDI/AS2 features and capabilities of the BizTalk Server platform.
BizTalk Expert Series EDI
Topics Module 1: Review of BizTalkFundamentals
Module 2: Integrating with Trading Partners
- BizTalk Server Architecture
Module 3: EDI Agreement Deep Dive
- A Brief History of EDI
- VAN Architecture
- The Pieces of a TPM Solution
Module 4: Creating Messaging-Based EDI Solutions
- The Role of Agreements
- Creating Agreements for X12 Processing
- Creating Agreements for EDIFACT Processing
Module 5: Splitting EDI Interchanges
- Routing Messages using Promoted Properties
- Working with Acknowledgements
Module 6: Enabling EDI Message Batching
- e-Batching EDI Messages
- Performance Considerations for Large Messages
Module 7: Enabling AS2-Based Integration
- The Provided EDI Batching Mechanism
Module 8: Tracking Events and Data from EDI Messages
- AS2 Architecture
- Configuring AS2 Settings
Module 9: Working with EDI Schemas
- Tracking EDI and AS2 Messages
Module 10: Transforming EDI Messages
- Review of BizTalk Schemas
- Working with EDI Schemas
- Enabling HIPAA Sub-Document Splitting
- Review of Mapping
- Advanced Mapping Patterns
- Typical EDI Mapping Patterns