Processing your application. Please be patient while we make sure we receive every piece of it.
This course describes private cloud configuration and deployment with Microsoft System Center 2012.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Produce a high-level design that accounts for requirements for the private cloud environment.
• Configure and deploy the application fabric.
• Configure a PXE server, an update server, and a software update baseline
• Configure Microsoft Server Application Virtualization (App-V) so that it can be used to sequence and deploy an application virtually.
• Build the core components necessary for delivering services on the fabric.
• Allocate resources to the private cloud and grant access to the private cloud.
• Understand how to monitor the private cloud using Operations Manager.
• Understand the tools necessary to extend and customize Operations Manager for a private cloud environment.
• Set up, configure, and integrate the core components of Service Manager into the private cloud fabric.
• Configure a service catalog, and then publish it to the Self-Service Portal.
• Gain the knowledge necessary to deploy and configure DPM in a private cloud.
• Deploy and configure Microsoft System Center 2012 - Orchestrator in a private cloud, and then integrate it with other System Center 2012 components.
Data center administrators responsible for designing, installing and configuring a private cloud infrastructure.
This course describes private cloud configuration and deployment with System Center 2012. Because this is an extensive technical domain that includes several individual products and technologies, it is strongly recommended administrators have prerequisite knowledge in the following areas:
• Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system
• Active Directory® Domain Services (AD DS)
• Microsoft SharePoint®
• Windows Server® 2008 Hyper-V
• Networking and storage experience
• Familiarity with data center management processes
• Previous work with IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
• Previous work with Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF)
10751A Configuring and Deploying a PrivateCloud with System Center 2012 Module 1: Planning for the Private CloudThis module describes the core components of a privatecloud and the prerequisites for deploying a private cloud.Lessons
Module 2: Configuring and Deploying the Private Cloudwith System Center 2012 -Virtual Machine ManagerThis module describes how to configure infrastructurecomponents by using System Center 2012 -Virtual Machine ManagerLessons
- Understanding the Private Cloud
- Requirements for Deploying a Private Cloud
- Designing the Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Overview of System Center 2012 Components
- Deploying Hyper-V Clustering with VMM
Module 3: Extending and Maintaining the Private CloudInfrastructureThis module describes how to integrate features providedby Windows Deployment Services (WDS) and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)to help extend and manage the VMM private cloud infrastructure resources.Lessons
- Overview of VMM Architecture and Components
- Installing and Upgrading VMM
- Configuring VMM Security and Roles
- Understanding Host Groups
Module 4: Configuring Application DeliveryThis module explains how to use the Microsoft WebDeployment Tool and Server App-V to dynamically deploy applications in theprivate cloud.Lessons
- Overview of the PXE and Update Server Roles
- Deploying Bare-Metal Hyper-V Host Servers
- Configuring the Update Server Role
- Creating and Using an Update Baseline
Module 5: Creating the Private Cloud Building BlocksThis module explains how to prepare and deploy theunderlying infrastructure components that are used as building blocks fordelivering private cloud services.Lessons
- Dynamic Application Deployment Overview
- Web Deployment Packages
- Server Application Virtualization Overview
- Configuring Server App-V Components
- Sequencing and Deploying Virtual Applications
Module 6: Deploying and Accessing a Private CloudThis module explains private clouds, System Center 2012- App Controller, and private cloud services.Lessons
- Configuring Guest Operating System Profiles
- Configuring Hardware Profiles
- Configuring SQL Server Using SQL Server Profiles
- Configuring Application Profiles
- Configuring Virtual Machine Templates
- Configuring the Self-Service User Role
Module 7: Monitoring the Private Cloud InfrastructureThis module explains how to monitor the private cloudinfrastructure by using System Center 2012 - Operations Manager.Lessons
- Understanding Private Cloud Computing
- Installing and Configuring App Controller
- Creating and Managing Services and Service Templates
Module 8: Extending and Customizing Monitoring of thePrivate Cloud InfrastructureThis module explains how to use Operations Managertemplates to monitor various applications and implement distributed applicationmonitoring.Lessons
- Operations Manager Architecture and Security
- Upgrading Operations Manager 2007 R2
- Configuring Notifications
- Configuring Management Packs
- Configuring Integration with System Center 2012
Module 9: Implementing Service Management for thePrivate CloudThis module explains how to setup, configure, andintegrate the core components of System Center 2012 - Service Manager into theprivate cloud infrastructure.Lessons
- Configuring the SharePoint Server Portal
- Monitoring Templates
- Distributed Application Monitoring
Module 10: Protecting the Private Cloud InfrastructureThis module describes how to deploy and configure DataProtection Manager in a private cloud.Lessons
- Service Manager Architecture Overview
- Upgrading to System Center 2012 - Service Manager
- Understanding Service Manager Work Items
- Configuring Service Manager Connectors
- Configuring Service Manager Notifications
Module 11: Automating and Standardizing the PrivateCloudThis module explains how to deploy and configure SystemCenter Orchestrator in a private cloud and integrate it with other SystemCenter 2012 components.Lessons
- Planning DPM Deployment
- DPM Architecture and Components
- Upgrading DPM
- Configuring DPM for the Private Cloud
- Configuring Application Protection for the Private Cloud
- Restoring Applications to the Private Cloud
Module 12: Configuring the Cloud Services Process PackThis modules describes how to implement the CloudServices Process Pack and use service level management.Lessons
- Orchestrator Architecture and Components Overview
- Deploying and Configuring Core Components
- Managing Runbooks
- Configuring Integration Packs
- Implementing the Cloud Services Process Pack
- Service Level Management