Processing your application. Please be patient while we make sure we receive every piece of it.
This five-day instructor-led course teaches students how to use the enhancements and new features that have been added to SQL Server and the Microsoft data platform since the release of SQL Server 2008. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2014 product features and other Microsoft data platform components.
After completing this course, students will have been taught information about how to:
- Describe key features and capabilities of SQL Server 2014.
- Leverage new and enhanced features to develop database in SQL Server 2014.
- Use in-memory database capabilities in SQL Server 2014.
- Manage SQL Server 2014 by using dynamic management views and PowerShell.
- Implement security in SQL Server 2014.
- Implement high-availability and data recovery techniques in SQL Server 2014.
- Use SQL Server 2014 Integration Services.
- Use SQL Server 2014 Data Quality Services.
- Use SQL Server 2014 Master Data Services.
- Manage SQL Server 2012 Agent and Jobs.
- Implement a tabular data model in SQL Server 2014 Analysis Services.
- Implement a Self-Service BI solution with Microsoft Excel 2013.
- Describe key elements of cloud solutions for data.
- Implement a database in Windows Azure SQL Database.
- Implement a SQL Server database in a Windows Azure virtual machine.
- Implement a Big Data solution with Windows Azure HDInsight and the Windows Azure Marketplace.
The primary audience for this course is database and business intelligence (BI) professionals who are familiar with SQL Server 2008 and want to update their skills to SQL Server 2014, and become familiar with related Microsoft data technologies.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience of building and managing database, data warehouse, and business intelligence (BI) solutions with SQL Server 2008.
- Familiarity with the Windows Server 2012 operating system and networking.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2014This module introduces key features of SQL Server 2014.Lessons· Overview of SQL Server 2014
· SQL Server 2014 Editions and Components
· Installing SQL Server 2014
· Enhancements to SQL Server Management Studio
Module 2: What’s New in SQL Server Database Development
This module describes enhancements to Transact-SQL and other database development features since SQL Server 2008.
· Transact-SQL Enhancements
· Newand Enhanced Transact-SQL Functions
· Enhancements to Spatial Data Support
· Storing and Querying Documents with SQL Server 2014
Module 3: In-Memory Database Capabilities
This module describes how SQL server 2014 enables you to leverage in-memory technologies to enhance database performance.
- The Buffer pool Extension
- Column store Indexes
- Memory-Optimized Tables
Module 4: Scripting SQL Server 2014
This lesson describes how you can use dynamic management views and PowerShell to script administrative tasks in SQL server 2014.
· New and Enhanced Dynamic Management Views
· Using PowerShell to Manage SQL Server
Module 5: Implementing Security in Microsoft SQL Server 2014
This module describes the enhancements to security features since SQL Server 2008.
- Security Management Enhancements
- Contained Databases
Module 6: High Availability and Data Recovery Enhancements
This module describes enhancements to SQL Server availability and data recovery features since SQL Server 2008.
- Always On High Availability
- Enhancements to Data Recovery
Module 7: New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server Integration Services
This module describes enhancements to SQL Server Integration Services since SQL Server 2008.
- Using the CDC Control Task for Incremental Data Loads
- Deploying and Operating SSIS Packages
Module 8: Data Quality Services
This module explains how to use the SQL Server 2014 Data Quality Services (DQS) to provide a computer assisted process for cleansing data values and identifying and removing duplicate data entities.
- Introduction to Data Quality
- Using Data Quality Services to Cleanse Data
- Using Data Quality Services to Match Data
Module 9: Master Data Services
This module introduces Master Data Services and describes its key configuration options and how to import and export data.
- Introduction to Master Data Services
- Implementing a Master Data Services Model
- Using the Master Data Services Add-in for Excel
Module 10: SQL Server 2014 Reporting Services
This module describes new and enhanced features in SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Reporting Services Overview
- Reporting Services and Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Introduction to Data Alerts
Module 11: Implementing an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
This module describes Analysis Services tabular data models and explains how to develop a tabular data model by using the SQL Server Data Tools for BI add-in for Visual Studio.
- Introduction to Analysis Services Tabular Data Model Projects
- Creating a Tabular Model
- Using an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model in the Enterprise
Module 12: Self-Service BI with Microsoft Excel
This module introduces the self-service BI capabilities that can be delivered through Microsoft Excel 2013 and related technologies.
- PowerPivot for Excel
- PowerPivot for SharePoint Server
- Power Query
- Power View
- Power Map
- Collaborative Analysis with Power BI for Office 365
Module 13: Introduction to Cloud Data Solutions
This module introduces some of the key Microsoft technologies that you can use to implement a cloud solution for data.
Module 14: Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- Overview of Cloud Computing
- Microsoft Azure Services for Data
This module introduces Microsoft Azure SQL Database, a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)solution for cloud-based relational database storage.
- Introduction to Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- Microsoft Azure SQL Database Security
- Implementing and Managing Databases
Module 15: SQL Server in Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines
This module explores how you can use Microsoft Azure virtual machines in which SQL Server is installed to create a cloud-based solution for data.
- Introduction to Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines
- Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine Connectivity and Security
- Creating Databases in a Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine
Module 16: Implementing Big Data Solutions
This module describes the main features of big data, and the Microsoft technologies that you can use to build big data analytical solutions. In particular, the module focuses on Microsoft Azure HDInsight and the Microsoft Azure Marketplace as core elements of the Microsoft solution for big data.
- Introduction to Big Data
- Microsoft Azure HDInsight
- Consuming HDInsight Results in Excel
- Obtaining Data from the Microsoft Azure Marketplace