Processing your application. Please be patient while we make sure we receive every piece of it.
This five-day instructor-led course aims to teach students how to design and implement a BI infrastructure. The course discusses design, installation. The course discusses design, installation, and maintenance of a BI platform.
This course maps to skills and knowledge measured by Microsoft Exam 70-467, and in conjunction with on-the-job experience, can help prepare you for the exam.
After completing this course, students will be taught information about how to:
- Plan the components of a BI solution.
- Plan a BI infrastructure.
- Design a data warehouse.
- Design an ETL solution.
- Plan analytical data models.
- Plan a BI delivery solution.
- Design a Reporting Services solution.
- Design an Excel reporting solution.
- Plan a SharePoint Server BI solution.
- Monitor and optimize a BI solution.
- Plan for BI operations.
This course is intended for BI professionals such as BI Architects or database professionals who need to design BI solutions. BI Architects are responsible for the overall design of the BI infrastructure, including how it relates to other data systems in use. In addition, their responsibilities include Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) cube design and integration with Microsoft SharePoint or line-of-business applications.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A basic understanding of dimensional modeling (star schema) for data warehouses.
- The ability to create Integration Services packages that include control flows and data flows.
- The ability to create a basic multidimensional cube with Analysis Services.
- The ability to create a basic tabular model with PowerPivot and Analysis Services.
- The ability to create Reporting Services reports with Report Designer.
- The ability to implement authentication and permissions in the SQL Server database engine, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services.
- Familiarity with SharePoint Server and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses, or obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills:
- 10777A: Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- 10778A: Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Module1: Planning a BI Solution
This module discusses how to plan the components of a BIsolution.
Module 2: Planning SQL ServerBusiness Intelligence Infrastructure
- Elements of a BI Solution
- The Microsoft BI Platform
- Planning a BI Project
This module explains how to plan an appropriate BIinfrastructure for a given set of BI services.
Module 3: Designing a DataWarehouse
- Considerations for BI Infrastructure
- Planning Data Warehouse Hardware
This module explains how to design a data warehouse for agiven set of user requirements.
Module 4: Designing an ETLSolution
- Data Warehouse Design Overview
- Designing Dimension Tables
- Designing Fact Tables
- Designing a Data Warehouse Physical Implementation
This module explains how to design an ETL solution for adata warehouse.
Module 5: Designing AnalyticalData Models
- ETL Overview
- Planning Data Extraction
- Planning Data Transformation
- Planning Data Loads
This module explains how to design analytical data modelsfor specific BI scenarios.
Module 6: Planning a BIDelivery Solution
- Introduction to Analytical Data Models
- Designing an Analytical Data Model
- Designing Dimensions
- Enhancing Data Models
This module explains how to choose an appropriate deliverysolution for a given scenario.
Module 7: Designing a ReportingServices Solution
- Considerations for Delivering BI
- Common Reporting Scenarios
- Choosing a Reporting Tool
This module explains how to design a Reporting Servicessolution.
Module 8: Designing a MicrosoftExcel-Based Reporting Solution
- Planning a Reporting Services Solution
- Designing Reports
- Planning Report Consistency
This module explains how to design a reporting solution thatuses Excel.
Module 9: Planning a SharePointServer BI Solution
- Using Excel for Data Analysis and Reporting
- PowerPivot for Excel
- Power View for Excel
This module explains how to design a SharePoint BI solution.
- Introduction to SharePoint Server as a BI Platform
- Planning Security for a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Planning Reporting Services Configuration
- Planning PowerPivot Configuration
- Planning for PerformancePoint Services
Module 10: Monitoring andOptimizing a BI Solution
- Plan for PerformancePoint Services.
This module explains how to monitor and optimize a BIsolution.
Module 11: Operating a BISolution
- Overview of BI Monitoring
- Monitoring and Optimizing the Data Warehouse
- Monitoring and Optimizing Analysis Services
- Monitoring and Optimizing Reporting Services
This module explains how to plan management and maintenanceoperations for a BI solution.
- Overview of BI Operations
- ETL Operations
- Data Warehouse Operations
- Analysis Services Operations
- Reporting Services Operations