Processing your application. Please be patient while we make sure we receive every piece of it.
This three day course prepares IT Professionals to administer enterprise search solutions using Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint. All aspects of administration are covered including search topologies, search sites, content crawling, federation, monitoring, and search reporting.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Design the deployment, scalability, and fault tolerance options for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
- Configure content sources, crawl content, and troubleshoot and monitor the crawl process.
- Create and configure enterprise search sites.
- Create and configure managed properties, keywords, and SharePoint search scopes.
- Create new federated locations and configure the federated web parts.
- Monitor and configure search reports and web analytics.
- Design the deployment, scalability, and fault tolerance options for FAST Search Server.
- Install FAST Search Server standalone and multiple search server systems.
- Determine when to use a FAST Search specialty connector and configure the FAST Web Crawler.
- Configure FAST Search enhanced managed properties, FAST Search scopes, business based promotions and demotions, FAST Search keywords, and Visual Best Bets.
- Implement a backup and restore plan for FAST Search Server.
- Monitor the FAST Search Server and use command line utilities.
This course is intended for IT Professionals responsible for administering the search features of SharePoint Server 2010 and FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint.
Before attending this course, students should have experience:
- Administering Active Directory: creating and managing user and group accounts, delegation of administration, and configuring Group Policy.
- Administering SQL Server 2005 or 2008: creating logons, assigning roles, and using SQL Management Studio.
- Experience using Windows PowerShell cmdlets and scripts.
- SharePoint Server 2010 experience using Central Administration and creating site collections.
Module1: SharePoint Search ArchitectureThismodule examines the basic crawling and query architectures, the searchcomponent functions, and the process of designing a search farm.Lessons
Module2: PowerShell and Content CrawlingThismodule covers the basics of using Windows PowerShell to administer yourenterprise search solution. The module also details how to set up contentsources, crawl content, and troubleshoot and monitor the crawl process.Lessons
- Lesson 1: Search Planning
- Lesson 2: Crawl Architecture
- Lesson 3: Query Architecture and Topologies
Module3: Configuring Search SitesThismodule includes information the Keyword Search Syntax and how to create searchsites. The module reviews the specialized web parts for search.Lessons
- Lesson 1: Windows PowerShell
- Lesson 2: Content Crawling
Module4: SharePoint Search EnhancementsThismodule shows you how to add value to a basic search site through managedproperties, keywords, and SharePoint search scopes.Lessons
- Lesson 1: Keyword Syntax
- Lesson 2: Introducing the Search Site
- Lesson 3: Search Web Parts
Module5: Configuring Federation Thismodule helps you to leverage content already indexed by other sites, such asMicrosoft Bing. The module covers how to create new federated locations, andconfigure the federated web parts.Lessons
- Lesson 1: Managed Properties and Keywords
- Lesson 2: SharePoint Scope
Module6: Search Reporting and AnalyticsThismodule takes you through the process of configuring search monitoring. Themodule also examines Search Administration Reports and Web Analytics Reports.Lessons
- Lesson 1: Federated Search Basics
- Lesson 2: Creating New Federated Locations
- Lesson 3: Adding Metadata to a Federated Location
- Lesson 4: Security Options
Module7: FAST Search ArchitectureThismodule shows why FAST Search Server is used for the largest and most demandingsearch solutions. The module looks at the search components, common topologies,and provides search scaling and performance information.Lessons
- Lesson 1: Configure Monitoring
- Lesson 2: Search Administration Reports
- Lesson 3: Web Analytics Reports
- Lesson 4: Other Search Reporting Tools
Module8: FAST Search InstallationThismodule covers all aspects of installation for standalone and multiple searchinstallations. Post installation steps like configuring Search ServiceApplications are also included.Lessons
- Lesson 1: Architecture Components
- Lesson 2: Topology Options
Module9: FAST Specific ConnectorsThismodule looks at the specialty connectors offered by FAST Search and when youshould use those connectors. The FAST Web Crawler Connector is covered indetail.Lessons
- Lesson 1: Prepare for Installation
- Lesson 2: Standalone Deployments
- Lesson 3: Multiple Server Deployments
- Lesson 4: Search Service Applications
- Lesson 5: Post Installation Steps
Module10: FAST Search EnhancementsThismodule shows you how to add features like enhanced managed properties, FASTSearch scopes, business based promotions and demotions, FAST Search keywords,and Visual Best Bets.Lessons
- Lesson 1: Capabilities and Usage
- Lesson 2: FAST Specific Connectors
Module11: FAST Search Backup and RestoreThismodule helps you to implement a backup and restore plan for FAST Search Server.The lessons cover the PowerShell scripts provided with the product to assistwith this task.Lessons
- Lesson 1: Keywords
- Lesson 2: FQL and Scopes
- Lesson 3: Business Based Ranking
Module12: FAST Search Monitoring and ToolsThismodule reviews how you can use performance counters to gain insight into howthe product is performing, and covers the large number of command line utilitiesthat are available to you.Lessons
- Lesson 1: Backup and Restore Planning
- Lesson 2: Backup
- Lesson 3: Restore
- Lesson 1: Monitoring
- Lesson 2: Tools