Processing your application. Please be patient while we make sure we receive every piece of it.
This course focuses on the tasks necessary for an entry level or a backup Exchange Server 2010 administrator.
The objectives for this course are to get an introduction to Exchange Server 2010, pursue knowledge and skills how to manage various recipient objects, and learn how to monitor and troubleshoot Exchange Server 2010.
The intended audience for this course is someone who is new to Exchange Server 2010 or is responsible for backing up the Exchange Server 2010 Administrator when the primary administrator is out of the office.
The prerequisites for this course include general help desk knowledge and Windows 7 experience.
Module 1: Introducing Exchange Server 2010
Module 2: Managing Recipient Objects
- New Exchange Server 2010 features
- Describe server roles in Exchange Server 2010
- Describe how to combine server roles depending on the deployment scenario, availability requirements and organization size
- Describe changes to administrative groups and routing groups in Exchange Server 2010
- Describe Exchange Server 2010 administrative tools
- Describe the Windows PowerShell™ command-line interface
- Describe the Exchange Management Shell
- Describe remote Windows PowerShell
- Describe Exchange Control Panel
- Identify the new features for configuring messaging compliance
- Describe high availability options for mailbox servers in Exchange Server 2010
- Explain how Exchange Online Services integrates with Exchange Server 2010
Module 3: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Managing mailboxes in Exchange Server 2010
- Describe recipient objects in Exchange Server 2010
- Configure mailbox settings in Exchange Server 2010
- Configure mailbox permissions in Exchange Server 2010
- Describe resource mailboxes in Exchange Server
- Design resource booking policies in Exchange Server 2010
- Manage resource mailboxes
- Configuring mail users, mail contacts and distribution groups in Exchange Server 2010
- Configure mail users and mail contacts in Exchange Server 2010
- Configure distribution groups in Exchange Server 2010
- Manage public distribution groups using the Exchange Control Panel
- Monitoring Exchange Server 2010
- Describe the solutions available for monitoring Exchange Server 2010
- Identify the key performance considerations for Exchange Server 2010
- Identify the performance counters that you should monitor on the mailbox server role
- Identify the performance counters that you should monitor on Hub Transport and Edge Transport server roles
- Identify the performance counters that you should monitor on the Client Access server role
- Apply guidelines for developing a monitoring plan
- Troubleshooting Exchange Server 2010
- Identify troubleshooting tools that you can use to troubleshoot Exchange Server 2010 servers
- Troubleshoot mailbox servers
- Troubleshoot Client Access servers
- Troubleshoot Message Transport servers.