This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to configure and manage a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 messaging environment. This course will teach you how to configure Exchange Server 2010, as well as provide guidelines, best practices, and considerations that will help you optimize your Exchange server deployment.
This course is intended for people aspiring to be enterprise-level messaging administrators. Others who may take this course include IT generalists and help desk professionals who want to learn about Exchange Server 2010.
Module 1: Deploying MicrosoftExchange Server 2010
This module describes how to prepare for, and perform, an installation ofExchange Server 2010. This module also provides details on the Exchange Server2010 deployment.
- Overview of Exchange Server 2010 Requirements
- Installing Exchange Server 2010 Server Roles
- Completing an Exchange Server 2010 Installation
Module 2: Configuring Mailbox Servers
This module describes the Exchange Management Console and Exchange ManagementShell management tools. This module also describes the Mailbox server role,some of the new Exchange Server 2010 features, and the most common Mailboxserver role post-installation tasks. The module concludes with a discussionabout public-folder configuration and usage. Lessons:
- Overview of Exchange Server 2010 Administrative Tools
- Configuring Mailbox Server Roles
- Configuring Public Folders
Module 3: Managing Recipient Objects
This module describes how you can manage recipient objects, address policies,and address lists in Exchange Server 2010, and the procedures for performingbulk management tasks in Exchange Management Shell.
- Managing Mailboxes
- Managing Other Recipients
- Configuring Email Address Policies
- Configuring Address Lists and Address Book Policies
- Performing Bulk Recipient Management Tasks
Module 4: Managing Client Access
This module describes how to implement the Client Access server role inExchange Server 2010. Lessons:
- Configuring the Client Access Server Role
- Configuring Client Access Services for Outlook Clients
- Configuring Outlook Web App
- Configuring Mobile Messaging
Module 5: Managing Message Transport
This module describes how to manage message transport in Exchange Server 2010,which includes topics such as components of message transport, how ExchangeServer 2010 routes messages, and how you can troubleshoot message-transportissues. Additionally, this module provides details on deploying the ExchangeServer 2010 Hub Transport server.
- Overview of Message Transport
- Configuring Message Transport
Module 6: Implementing Messaging Security
This module describes how to plan for and deploy an Exchange Server 2010 EdgeTransport server role, and the security issues related to the deployment.Additionally, it describes how to configure secure Simple Mail TransferProtocol (SMTP) messaging as well as Domain Security. Lessons:
- Deploying Edge Transport Servers
- Deploying an Antivirus Solution
- Configuring an Anti-Spam Solution
- Configuring Secure SMTP Messaging
Module 7: Implementing High Availability
This module describes the high-availability technology built into ExchangeServer 2010 and some of the outside factors that affect highly availablesolutions. This module provides details about how to deploy highly availablemailbox databases as well as other Exchange Server 2010 server roles.
- Overview of High Availability Options
- Configuring Highly Available Mailbox Databases
- Deploying Highly Available Non-Mailbox Servers
- Deploying High Availability with Site Resilience
Module 8: Implementing Backup and Recovery
This module describes the Exchange Server 2010 backupand restore features, and what you should consider when creating a backup plan.Lessons:
- Planning Backup and Recovery
- Backing Up Exchange Server 2010
- Restoring Exchange Server 2010
Module 9: Configuring Messaging Policy and Compliance
This module describes how to configure the Exchange Server 2010 messagingpolicy and compliance features.
- Introducing Messaging Policy and Compliance
- Configuring Transport Rules
- Configuring Journaling and Multi-Mailbox Search
- Configuring Personal Archives
- Configuring Messaging Records Management
Module 10: Securing Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
This module describes how to secure your Exchange Server deployment byconfiguring administrative permissions and auditing and configuring secureaccess to the Exchange Server environment from the Internet.
- Configuring Role Based Access Control
- Configuring Audit Logging
- Configuring Secure Internet Access
Module 11: Maintaining Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
This module describes how to monitor and maintain your Exchange Serverenvironment. Additionally, it describes troubleshooting techniques for fixingproblems that may arise.
- Monitoring Exchange Server 2010
- Maintaining Exchange Server 2010
- Troubleshooting Exchange Server 2010
Module 12: Upgrading from Exchange Server 2003 orExchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010
This module describes the options that organizations have when they choose toimplement Exchange Server 2010. Additionally, it describes how to transition anexisting Exchange Server 2003 or Exchange Server 2007 organization to ExchangeServer 2010.
- Overview of Upgrading to Exchange Server 2010
- Upgrading from Exchange Server 2003 to Exchange Server 2010
- Upgrading from Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010
Module 13: Implementing Exchange Online with Office365
This module describes the Exchange Online features and how to integrate an on-premisesExchange Server 2010 deployment with Exchange Online.
- Introduction to Exchange Online
- Deploying Exchange Online
- Implementing Federated Delegation